Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Again... Frusciante and all..

Frusciante is the top guitar player of the last 30 years. here is the list according to BBC 6music' The Axe Factor Poll:

1. John Frusciante
2. Slash
3. Muse's Matthew Bellamy
4. Johnny Marr
5. Tom Morello
6. Metallica's Kirk Hammett
7. Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood
8. Prince
9. Jack White
10. R.E.M.'s Peter Buck

Well I agree with them. First of all.. who the hell is SLASH??! I mean, he is nothing comparing to Frusciante. Tom Morello is some guitar player that I cannot say bad, I just never liked one of his bands - but that's just me, Jonny Greenwood is really good, But I prefer John Frusciante just like BBC does. On the other hand I am very suprised that he is at the top, they usually don't put him to the top of the lists, so that's a good change.


You know John Frusciante is playing with a band called Swahili Blonde, and they are good too. It's not hard to hear Frusciante out of that music either. The badns founder is Nicole Turley who is ex-drummer and singer of WEAVE! and the other members are violinist Laena Myers-Ionita, bassist John Taylor (Duran Duran - I hate that band...) father and daughter Alen Meyer (Deva) and Alina Meyer (the Likes) and all... I think "shit". I'm kinda excited about it. The record will come up @july 2010 -we still have some time to wait.
nice cover by the way, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment